25 November 2021
5 Changes to Make Your Website Succeed
Looking to refine your UX and increase conversion rate? Discover the must-have features your site should have in this Click4Assistance guide.
There are over 1.7 billion websites operating across the internet, and the average consumer is subjected to 4,000 to 10,0000 ads each day. And, as the amount of information that we are exposed to continues to increase, the average attention span of consumers across the world is shrinking. In brief, this means that your website has less time to stand out against a growing, much fiercer competition.
In all this, how can your site stand out, appear on the SERP, and engage with your audience right away? Yes, 94% of first impressions are design-related, but there is more than nice-to-look-at graphics to user experience and engagement.
In this Click4Assistance guide we’ll look into the must-have features your website should have.
Use Media And Engaging Content
On average, users stay on a web page for around 10-20 seconds. But, there are plenty of strategies to increase the page’s engagement level and relevancy. The media you use and the kind of content you offer to your audience are important tools to use to drive engagement.
Firstly, your website’s writing and brand’s verbal identity count. Here are a few tips to streamline your UX through your written content:
- Decide on the brand voice and keep consistent throughout each touchpoint
- Make your written content more easily readable by breaking it down into subheadings, numbered lists, and bullet points
- Use shorter paragraphs and leverage white space
- Tweak the title to make it more appealing
- Create error-free, engaging, and concise copy
- Make it easy to read for everyone in your audience
Alongside your writing, make sure to add visual elements to break down the text and increase engagement. Some options include:
- Clear, attractive, and relevant images
- Sound clips
- Social media posts
Don’t Miss Out On a Live-Chat Feature
If you are wondering whether a live chat can truly increase visitor engagement and generate prospects., you’ll be pleased to know that yes - a live chat widget can 4-to-8 times more leads. And yet, only 9% of companies have a live chat feature on their website.
Why does this matter to your company? Here’s what to keep in mind:
- A live chat feature allows you to gain a unique competitive advantage over other competing websites that don’t use this engagement tool.
- Not all live chat features yield the right results and drive engagement. In a few cases, it can also reduce engagement!
As you can see, the strategy to add chat to the website can definitely be a winning one, but you do need to get it right. Here are a few points that can help you:
- Make sure it is easily accessible by the user (most companies place it in the right bottom corner of the screen)
- Add a pop-up function so that your users know that the live chat option is there - but ensure it is not overpowering or affecting your users’ experience on your site.
- Invest in Click4Assistance best live chat for your business and seek personalisation.
- Keep your brand voice consistent!
Responsiveness & Mobile-Friendliness Are Must-Haves
In May, Google released the new Core Web Vitals - an innovative set of metrics that score a website’s speed, UX offered, security, and responsiveness. And, just under 55% of the global internet traffic comes from mobile.
No matter whether you are doing it to remain on the SERP and continue climbing rankings on Google, or you are trying to remain appealing to that portion of your audience accessing the internet via mobile. To remain competitive today, it is essential for your company to ensure that your site is responsive and mobile-friendly.
Add Clear and Compelling CTA Buttons (And Test Them!)
Cleat call-to-action (CTA) buttons are what allow the information you have carefully added to your website to convert. Depending on what your business’s goal is, you will need CTA buttons to encourage your visitors to sign-up for your newsletter, test a new product for free, leverage your free trial, download a guide or eBook, or make the most of a flash sale.
The way you phrase your CTA buttons makes a difference - but testing them to have a clear understanding of what the customer’s experience on your website will look like is just as important!
Leverage The Power Of Social Proof By Adding Testimonials
Today, a great percentage of consumers have lost a degree of trust in marketing - but they have become more trusting of the opinion of people they know and admire. That is why influencer marketing is so powerful!
However, on your website, you can also leverage the power of social proof to influence your consumers’ buying decisions.
When implemented with a clear strategy, reviews, feedback, and testimonials can be beneficial in many ways:
- To obtain the testimonials you need, you will ask for your consumer’s voice (VOC), which empowers your consumers and offers you valuable insights.
- They are essential to refine your customer experience and modify it according to your audience’s changing needs.
- They allow you to showcase your portfolio and case studies.
Improve Your Website With Click4Assistance Bespoke Solutions
Each company is unique, and your website should be able to communicate your values, mission, and goals to your consumers - at first glance! While it can be hard to make a stellar first impression, the features we have seen above can help you engage with your website visitors as soon as they land on your website.