21 April 2022
How to add live chat software part 4
Training is a must for knowing how to add online chat to your website. Check out this guide to discover all you need to know.
The importance of ongoing staff training and development cannot be ignored when it comes to live chat. Keeping that in mind, read on to discover some top tips for how to add online chat to your website with effective training.
- Measure results – This is where a lot of business owners go wrong when implementing training programs: they don’t measure results and they don’t set measurable targets. How are you supposed to know whether your training program is effective if you do not analyse the results of it?
- Consider microlearning – We all have different learning styles. However, one thing that tends to be consistent for most people is that they cannot take in large chunks of information at once. Our brains don’t have the capacity to handle masses and masses of information. This is why it is a good idea to use microlearning. The microlearning definition is as follows: a procedure that involves delivering bite-sized content to learners, so they can consume the information in one go and apply the knowledge straight away. A lot of people find that microlearning is a much more effective approach, especially for those who have short attention spans, which let’s face it, is a lot of us.
- Make it ongoing at all levels – Another tip is to make sure that training is something available to all levels. Don’t merely focus on new employees or those who are in the lower level jobs. Everyone has the capacity to learn more, no matter how prestigious his or her job title is. Plus, it is likely that those in better roles, so to speak, will be of greater value to your business, and that you will want to hold onto them. This is why training is even more vital, as you will keep a hold of your best talent by improving the options you give them in terms of development and job progression.
- Find the right training space – Another tip is to make sure that you choose a training location that is conducive to learning. You should select somewhere that gives you enough space to spread out materials and make sure the environment is quiet. After all, no one is going to be able to learn if there is a lot of noise going on. Of course, you will need somewhere that is equipped with a projector and computer. Your training sessions need to be visually stimulating so that everyone is engaged. There are plenty of training venues to choose from today, so you should have no problem choosing a good spot.
- Choose premium quality materials and instructors – The success of your efforts will largely rely on the person who is conducting the training. Whether it is a knowledgeable staff member or a professional educator, you need to make sure they can deliver a training session that is effective and keeps everyone engaged. Having the right training materials is also crucial. These materials aren’t only important for the training session itself, but they give your employees something to refer to after the training if they need to go back and clarify a few points. This is where we can help - we have many years of experience and offer high-level training.