07 February 2019
The Jockey Club Races Ahead with Web Chat Software
The Jockey Club was established in 1750 when a group of gentlemen were brought together by their shared passion for horseracing. Almost 270 years later, The Jockey Club today operates under a modern corporate structure and leads the investment and innovation in British racing, as the largest commercial group in the sport.
The Regional Head of Marketing – South East originally implemented different web chat software at Royal Windsor Racecourse but required better value for money for the Jockey Club’s implementation on the Cheltenham Racecourse website.
The instant communication channel has been integrated into the website’s ‘Hire a Venue’ pages. This contains information regarding:
- Spaces and Suites – Cheltenham has the ability to hold a range of events (up to 2,500 people) with a dedicated conference and event team to provide more information.
- Meeting and Conference Room Hire – The racecourse has the space and facilities to provide a great venue for meetings and/or conferences.
- Exhibitions – Cheltenham has the ability to host a vast array of high-profile exhibitions both large and small.
- Celebrations – The racecourse is a real memory maker for celebrations and private events including weddings, anniversaries and birthdays etc.
- Christmas Parties – Celebrate the festive holidays with dinner and entertainment provided at the racecourse.
- Outdoor Events – Cheltenham can host array of outdoor events including their own Festival, Races for Life, Pretty Muddy 5K and live music for charity.
- Live Events – From music and comedians to snooker and darts, Cheltenham offers a versatile and flexible venue.
- FAQs – answering the most commonly asked questions enquirer’s want to know.
- Accommodation – A selection of hotels in the near vicinity
- Enquire today – An online form for a tailored proposal
There is a lot of information on these pages and with each decision sparking questions; web chat software has enabled representatives to answer these enquiries instantly. The communication channel has proven popular as The Jockey Club’s Regional Digital Marketing Executive commented that they are “getting good chats through” and that even when chat isn’t available, they are receiving call back forms via the chat’s ‘leave a message’ call-back function. Other areas of the organisation have also expressed their interest in the communication channel.
Why Web Chat Software is Good for Researching and Booking Venues
When searching for a venue enquirers need to know that the location is suitable for their requirements, the right space, parking facilities or catering options etc. If the visitor cannot find what they are looking for, web chat software is the quickest way for them to gain an answer. Connected in real-time, the representative converses with the visitor via text-based messages, allowing the conversation to flow quickly.
Click4Assistance has made engaging with your visitors easy. Advisors can see the enquirer’s message as they compose it, allowing them to gain an understanding of what they are going to be asked and prepare their response.
If the information they have requested is readily available, for example in a PDF sale brochure, this can simply be transferred to the visitor whilst in chat. This saves your advisor spending time retyping the information and/or sending a follow up email with the necessary attachment. Confirmation of receipt can be established instantly reducing the risk of bounce backs that comes with emails.
Should the information be available on a webpage rather than in a document, the representative can select the relevant page and send it through the system to automatically open in a new tab of the visitor’s browser. Again this speeds up the interaction whilst ensuring the correct information has been provided to the enquirer.
Answering a visitors questions quickly and correctly, with documentation to hand ensures that visitors are satisfied with the service when researching a venue. For more information regarding The Jockey Club’s implementation or how your organisation can aid your venue’s bookings, contact our team by calling 01268 524628 or email email@example.com.